Excerpt from Instruction manual
To operate the fan, depress the switch to "II" for HI, "I" for LO and "0" for off. The blade must be clear of any obstructions that would cause it to jam.
Important Safety Instructions
- To reduce the risk of fire or shock, do not use this product with any solid-state speed control device (dimmer switch).
- This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electrical shock, this plug is intended to fit in a polarized outlet one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualifi ed electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
- Unplug fan before cleaning.
- Use common sense when using this and/or any electrical appliance.
- Do not position too close to any objects which may be drawn into the blades and stop the airfl ow.
- Do not use outdoors, on wet surfaces or immerse in water. Never allow water to drop into motor housing.
- Do not use if power supply cord becomes frayed or brittle.
- Do not use gasoline, thinners or other harsh chemicals to clean fan.
- Do not position too close to fi replaces or stoves to avoid damage to plastic parts.