Excerpt from Instruction manual
The lights are for use on power driven vessels under 20 meters (65.6 ft.) in length operating on a nominal 12 volt system. Only the 1401, 1403 & 1404 can also be used on sailboats of the same length (See Diagram #1). All must be used with a separately mounted base. When properly installed, these replacement poles will comply with ‘72 COLREGS and the U. S.Inland Rules.
- For information on proper light selection, positioning and configuration, refer to A.B.Y.C. Standard A-16 (1), the '72 COLREGS, and the U.S. Inland Rules (2).
- The center of the lens of white all-round pole lights must be located at least 1 meter (39.4") above the center of the lenses of either the bi-color or the red and green side lights on the vessel. Be sure to use a light with a sufficiently long pole to meet this requirement.
- IMPORTANT: "Reduced Glare" globes must be vertical during operation. In order to assure compliance with technical details of the regulation and employ the "Reduced Glare" feature of the series optical system.
- To store folding lights (series 1450, 1452, 1455 & 1456) grasp both sections of pole and push towards center coupling. While pushing, rotate either until screw is positioned in open slot. Gently pull poles apart until they are clear of each other, fold one pole onto the other with wire passing through slot.
NOTE: The wire will remain connected to both poles and will be damaged if too much pulling force is applied.
- Relamp only with bulb type as marked on globe or inside fixture.
Use replacement bulbs PERKO Cat. No. 0337012DP 12V, 11W.
Use replacement bulbs PERKO Cat. No. 0338DP2CLR 12V, 9W.
Use replacement bulbs PERKO Cat. No. 0337011DP 12V, 7W
(1) American Boat & Yacht Council, Inc. 613 Third Street, Suite 10 Annapolis, MD 21403
(2) U.S. Coast Guard Washington, D.C. 20593 (or your local C.G. Office)