Excerpt from Instruction manual
The lights are designed for use on power driven vessels under 20 meters (65.6 ft.) in length operating on a nominal 12 volt system. In order to comply with ‘72 COLREGS and the U.S. Inland Rules, the following must be adhered to:
- For proper light selection, positioning and configuration, refer to A.B.Y.C. Standard A-16*, the ‘72 COLREGS*, and the U.S. Inland Rules*.These lights are supplied with 12 volt bulbs, (Cat. No. 0338DP2CLR - 12V, 9W).
- These lights are designed to be mounted on a horizontal surface. Horizontal rotation of these lights is unimportant, as all-round lights have 360° horizontal arc of visibility.
- Cut out the template below. Tape it to the mounting surface.
- Drill two holes through the template to accommodate #8 oval head mounting screws. Drill one 3/8 inch hole to accommodate the electrical supply wires.
- Attach supply connections to the light, making sure to wire in accordance with both A.B.Y.C. Standard E-9* and U.S. Coast Guard Safety Standards for Boat Electrical Systems (33 CFR 183)*.
- Mount the base in accordance with the template.
- Make sure the light is vertical during operation, in order to assure compliance with the technical details of the regulations and employ the “Reduced Glare” feature of this optical system.
*The above referenced standards can be obtained from :
- American Boat & Yacht Council, Inc. 613 Third Street, Suite 10 Annapolis, MD 21403
- U.S. Coast Guard Washington, D.C. 20593 (or your local C.G. Office)