Excerpt from Instruction manualMounting Instructions
For wiring through transom directly behind light.
- Position the template where the light is to be mounted.
- Where indicated on the template drill a 5/16" dia. hole for the wire to pass through the hull.
- Drill three (3) clearance holes for #8 size mounting screws.
- Epoxy inside all holes to insure that water will not be absorbed into the hull in case of water intrusion.
- After epoxy dries, pass the wire through the hole.
- Put a generous amount of sealant on the back of the light.
- Attach the back of the light flush against the mounting surface, using number 8 R.H. or Pan Head screws. Remove excess sealant.
- Attach the power cable to a fused, switched power source. Observe polarity. Red lead is connected to positive. Each light draws less than 1/2 amp at 12 volts.
For wiring through a hole on the mounting surface above the location of the light, i.e. a hole above the waterline.
- Follow instructions a, c, d & g as stated above.
- No sealant is required for the light.
- Route wire along the mounting surface to desired location, then drill and seal an appropriate hole to enter the boat and connect to a fused, switched power source. Observe polarity. Red lead is connected to positive. Each light draws less than 1/2 amp at 12 volts.
Portable installation with wiring over the transom
- Affix a strip of waterproof Velcro® type product to the mounting surface while the boat is out of the water. Be sure the surface is clean before applying.
- Attach another strip to the back of the light.
- Press the two together when desired to temporally mount the light.
- Pass the cord over the transom. Connect it to a fused power source. Observe polarity. Red lead is connected to positive. Each light draws less than 1/2 amp at 12 volts.