Excerpt from Instruction manualMounting Instructions
For Vertical Mounting On Trim Tab.
Some trim tabs have a plate welded vertically to the tab (not shown). The trim tab actuator is mounted to the forward side of the plate, so the trim tab light can be mounted to the aft side of the plate.
- Attach the mounting brackets so that when the light is mounted the beam will point aft.
- Select a mounting location and position the light vertically on the plate.
- Mark where the holes are to be drilled for the mounting brackets and the cable. Drill a 5/16" dia. hole for the cable to pass through the plate. Drill two (2) holes for mounting brackets to accommodate #8 P.H. screws. Bolt the light to the trim tabs using #8 stainless steel P.H. screws (not included).
- Route cable along the trim tab mounting surface to the desired entry location above the waterline. You may choose to use an existing entry location or drill an 5/16" diameter hole for the cable to enter the boat and connect to a fused, switched power source. If drilling another hole make sure to epoxy the inside of the hole to insure that water will not be absorbed in to the hull in the case of water intrusion.
- Use "P" clamps to secure the cable at various locations along the cable path. Make sure to allow extra cable slack for travel of the trim tab up and down.
- Attach the power cable to a fused, switched power source. Observe polarity. Black lead is negative, white lead is positive. Each light draws less than 1/2 amp at 12 volts.