Excerpt from Instruction manualGeneral Information :
This light has been shipped with a 12V, 25° bulb installed. A 40° bulb is included in the package for users who desire a wider light beam. "Changing the Bulb", should you wish to change the bulb.
- Select Mounting Location
- This light must be installed below the waterline and must not be operated unless the outer flange and lens are completely submerged.
- The mounting surface must be flat to insure a watertight seal.
- When choosing a mounting location, make sure there is sufficient room in the bilge to take the back plate off and remove the interior of the light in case the bulb has to be replaced (at least 6").
- Remove boat from water.
- Select mounting location and drill a 2-3/8" diameter hole.
- Epoxy the inside surface of the drilled hole to insure that water will not be absorbed into the hull in case of water intrusion.
- After the epoxy cures, insert the neck of the light through the hull. Put a generous amount of bedding sealant under the outer flange to insure a watertight seal.
- Put a generous amount of sealant on the back of the nut and tighten.
- A bonding screw is attached to the back plate in order for the light to be attached to the vessel's grounding system.
- Attach power cable to fused power source. The 50 watt bulb draws less than 5 amps at 12 volts.
Note: When installing more than one light an optional relay switch is available for use up to 4 lights (12 Volt, PERKO Cat. No. 0061DP1RLY or 24 Volt, PERKO Cat. No. 0061DP2RLY) in order to limit current through a switch and provide ignition protection.
- Changing the Bulb
- Before attempting to change the bulb, insure that the water in the bilge is well below the neck of the light. Water must not be allowedto enter the neck of the light.
- Loosen the domed cap on the strain relief fitting to allow the rear cap to unscrew without twisting the power cable.
- Remove the bonding wire.
- Unscrew the back plate from the neck and pull out the interior. Remove the bulb from its socket by pulling straight out. Insert the new bulb.
- Replace the interior mechanism, screw on the back plate and tighten the wire connection and reattach the bonding wire.
Note: Use PERKO replacement bulbs ( 12 Volt, 50 Watt, 25° Beam: Cat. No. 0077DP112V or 12 Volt, 50 Watt, 40° Beam: Cat. No. 0077DP212V).
- Replacing the Lens
- The vessel must be out of the water to perform this function.
- Remove the light from the hull.
- Remove the six screws that hold the head to the body and separate the two pieces.
- The lens will pop out. Use a PERKO replacement lens (Cat. No. 0174DP1LNS) Any other lens may not withstand the thermal conditions.
- Reassemble as described in Installation Instructions (Sections 2d, 2e, 2f and 2g).