Excerpt from Instruction manual
The lights are designed for use on sail or power driven vessels under 20 meters (65.6 ft.) in length operating on a nominal 12 volt or 32 volt system. In order to comply with the '72 COLREGS and the U.S. Inland Rules, the following must be adhered to :
- These Instructions show the orientation of the light after the proper location has been determined. For proper light selection, positioning and configuration, refer to A.B.Y.C. Standard A-16* the ‘72 COLREGS* and the U.S. Inland Navigation Rules.
- These lights are supplied with the proper bulb for operation on a nominal 12 volt system or a nominal 32 volt system. Use PERKO Cat. No. 0070DP0CLR, 12V, 10W bulb for a 12 volt system (Cat. No. 094600112V and 09460DP112V Stern Light). Use PERKO Cat. No. 0070DP2CLR bulb for a 32 volt system (Cat. No. 0946DP332V Stem Light).
NOTE: PERKO Series 0946 used with a 32W bulb is not certified in accordance with 33 CFR 183.810 as this light is intended for replacement use only on appropriate vessels constructed prior to 11/1/03. All previous certifications apply.
- These lights are designed to be mounted on a vertical surface that is perpendicular to the centerline of the boat and facing astern.
- Draw a 6 inch long horizontal reference line through the center of the selected mounting location.
- Cut out the mounting template below, Tape it on the mounting surface such that the reference line passes through the exact center of the template.
- Drill two holes through the template as indicated for the #6 mounting screws.
- Drill a 2-1/8 inch hole to accommodate socket holder as indicated.
- Attach supply connections to the light, making sure to wire in accordance with both A.B.Y.C. Standard E-9* and U.S. Coast Guard Safety Standards for Boat Electrical Systems (33 CFR 183).
- Attach the light to mounting surface using #6 screws, noting that the lens is marked "up" and "down" for proper orientation.
*The above referenced standards can be obtained from :
- American Boat & Yacht Council, Inc. 613 Third Street, Suite 10 Annapolis, MD 21403
- U.S. Coast Guard Washington, D.C. 20593 (or your local C.G. Office)