Excerpt from Instruction manualFeatures
- Patent pending snap switch design.
- Snap switch tested to over 1,000,000 cycles @ 12V.
- Highly abrasion resistant marine grade blocked wire.
- Exclusive moisture tight seals Environmentally friendly mercury free design.
The Rule-a-Matic, Super Switch, and Rule-a-Matic Plus float switches are suitable for any submersible bilge pump.
All switches will turn the pump on when the water level reaches 2" (51mm) and will turn the pump off when water level falls to 3/4" (19mm). They can also be used to operate high water alarm systems.
This product must be fused with the correct recommended fuse size for the pump to which it is connected. Do NOT use these switches in applications where the pump is operating above the maximum current.
For best operation, the Rule switch should be located on a flat surface in the bilge compartment. Do not exceed die installation angles as this will affect switch performance.
It is important that the switch is mounted 1/4" (6mm) above the bottom of the pump strainer. This will assure a positive shut off of the pump.
- Position the switch parallel to the vessel's water line with the wire exiting the switch toward the stern.
- Base and attach base to the surface using suitable stainless steel screws. Re-clip switch into base.
- Ensure there is free movement of the float.
The Rule Switch may be mounted directly on to non automatic Rule pumps that accept an adapter (pumps with capacity of 1500 GPH (5678 Iph) or greater). Rule adapters (model 64 and 65) are also available separately.