Excerpt from Instruction manualFeatures
- Patent pending snap switch design.
- Snap switch tested to over 1,000,000 cycles @ 12V.
- Highly abrasion resistant marine grade blocked wire.
- Exclusive moisture tight seals Environmentally friendly mercury free design.
For best operation, the Rule switch should be located on a flat surface in the bilge compartment. Do not exceed die installation angles as this will affect switch performance.
It is important that the switch is mounted 1/4" (6mm) above the bottom of the pump strainer. This will assure a positive shut off of the pump.
- Position the switch parallel to the vessel's water line with the wire exiting the switch toward the stern.
- Partially fit one screw in place and slide the switch into place before fitting second screw.
- Ensure there is free movement of the float.
The Rule Switch may be mounted directly on to non automatic Rule pumps that accept an adapter (pumps with capacity of 1500 GPH (5678 Iph) or greater). Rule adapters (model 64 and 65) are also available separately.
Wire the Rule switch as shown in the diagrams below. The positive (+) side of the battery should connect directly to the fuse (note models 35FA, 37FA, and 40FA include a fuse holder). Adding a fuse will prevent damage to both the pump and switch should an electrical problem occur. When adding additional wire up to 20 ft (6m), the wire added should be the same size (gauge) or larger than the size of the wire leads coming directly from the pump. For installations requiring over 20 ft (6m) of additional wire, the size of the added wire should be increased (e.g. if pump is fitted with 14 gauge, added wire should be increased to 12 gauge (2.05mm)).