Excerpt from Instruction manual
Shurflo bilge pumps are built for the harsh marine environment to withstand the toughest conditions. Standard with 3’ Tinned Wire Assembly for above waterline installations and water cooled motors for extended life.
- Quick-disconnect base plate for easy installation
- Nylon Impeller
- 3 ft. tinned power leads to insure operation in the wettest conditions.
- Water cooled motor to insure long life
- Easy transom mount base plate
Manual mode : When brown wire from switch is not hooked up, the pump float switch is bypassed. To turn pump on, turn switch on. If pump does not turn on, turn switch off, check power, fuses, connections, wires. Retry. If pump does not turn on, check pump motor. When the water level is above the float switch, the pump will automatically start. If the float becomes jammed with debris, the pump will NOT STOP running. Turn the pump switch to the OFF position. Remove the debris. Reset switch to the automatic or manual ON position.
Switch Test : Turn power ON to pump switch and test.
DO NOT run pump dry. Always test pump and switch before leaving dock.
- Location : Locate pump at deepest position in the bilge. Keep away from high heat source; engine, etc.
- Mounting : Mount quick-disconnect bracket to hull or pad with stainless steel screws. Mount switch if equipped.
Do not drive screws through hull!
- Tubing : Route smooth I.D. discharge tubing to a thru-hull fi tting well above the water line. AVOID AIRLOCK & MAXIMIZE PERFORMANCE. Avoid any sagging or loops in the tubing. Tubing must go up from pump to thru-hull.