Excerpt from Instruction manual
Shurflo bilge pumps are built for the harsh marine environment to withstand the toughest conditions. Standard with 3’ Tinned Wire Assembly for above waterline installations and water cooled motors for extended life.
- Quick-disconnect base plate for easy installation
- Nylon Impeller
- 3 ft. tinned power leads to insure operation in the wettest conditions.
- Water cooled motor to insure long life
- Easy transom mount base plate
- Location : Locate pump at deepest position in the bilge. Keep away from high heat source; engine, etc.
- Mounting : Mount quick-disconnect bracket to hull or pad with stainless steel screws. Mount switch if equipped.
Do not drive screws through hull!
- Tubing : Route smooth I.D. discharge tubing to a thru-hull fi tting well above the water line. AVOID AIRLOCK & MAXIMIZE PERFORMANCE. Avoid any sagging or loops in the tubing. Tubing must go up from pump to thru-hull.
Use 16GA wire for all circuits. If installation is over 20 feet, use 14GA wire. Brown pump wire must be hooked to positive power for maximum fl ow. Wire is designed to prevent corrosion.
- Panel Switch : Attach all wires to UL Marine approved duty switch with autooff- manual, rated at or above 10 amps.
- Fuse : Install a fuse per pump label specifications.
- Connections : Wire connections should be made above highest possible water level. Seal wire connections to prevent corrosion and electrolysis.