The Freedom HFS inverter/charger provides up to 1000 wattsa or up to 2000 wattsb of continuous utility grade, sine wave power derived from a battery bank. It is designed to handle loads such as microwave ovens, TVs, DVD/Blu-ray players, and power tools. In addition, the Freedom HFS’s high-surge capability lets you handle many hard-to-start loads, including large TVs and small refrigerators.
The built-in transfer switch automatically transfers between inverter power and shore power from recreational facilities such as boat docks or campsites to ensure power is always available. The built-in charger also automatically charges the battery bank when the Freedom HFS is connected to shore power Safety Information
1. Before using the inverter/charger, read all instructions and cautionary markings on the unit, the batteries, and all appropriate sections of this manual.
2. Use of accessories not recommended or sold by the manufacturer may result in a risk of fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
3. The inverter is designed to be connected to your AC and DC electrical systems. The manufacturer recommends that all wiring be done by a certified technician or electrician to ensure adherence to the local and national electrical codes applicable in your jurisdiction.
4. To avoid a risk of fire and electric shock, make sure that existing wiring is in good condition and that wire is not undersized. Do not operate the inverter with damaged or substandard wiring.
5. Do not operate the inverter if it has been damaged in any way.
6. This unit does not have any user-service able parts. Do not disassemble the inverter except where noted for connecting wiring and cabling. See your warranty for instructions on obtaining service. Attempting to service the unit yourself may result in a risk of electrical shock or fire.Internal capacitors remain charged after all power is disconnected.
7. To reduce the risk of electrical shock, disconnect both AC and DC power from the inverter before attempting any maintenance or cleaning or working on any components connected to the inverter. Turning off the inverter/charger using the Inverter Power button on the front panel will not reduce an electrical shock hazard.
8. The inverter must be provided with an equipment-grounding conductor connected to the AC input ground.
9. Do not expose this unit to rain, snow, or liquids of any type. This product is designed for indoor use only. Damp environments will significantly shorten the life of this product and corrosion caused by dampness will not be covered by the product warranty.
10. To reduce the chance of short-circuits, always use insulated tools when installing or working with this equipment.
11. Remove personal metal items such as rings, bracelets, necklaces, and watches when working with electrical equipment.