The Freedom SW uses Xantrex Xanbus, a network communications protocol developed by Xantrex to communicate the Freedom SW’s settings and activity to other Xantrex Xanbus-enabled devices. Inverter Operation Using the Front Panel
You can configure and monitor the Freedom SW and every Xantrex Xanbus-enabled device in the system using an optional Xanbus System Control Panel (SCP). Another component is the optional Xanbus Automatic Generator Start (AGS) which allows operation with a wide range of generators, supported through a dedicated generator input. Simply, the AGS automatically starts and stops your generator.
To operate in invert mode from the front panel:
1. Press the INVERTER ENABLE button on the Freedom SW on the front panel. The INVERTER ENABLED LED illuminates and connected loads will be energized.
2. Note that if AC is present and being passed through, the INVERTER ENABLED LED will still illuminate to indicate inverter mode has been enabled. However, AC will continue to be passed through to the loads until conditions exist that cause AC to be disqualified, in which case the unit will transition to invert mode and power up critical loads.
3. Connect AC input power.The charger automatically starts up when qualified AC power is connected.
4. Disconnect AC power from inverter input by opening the breaker or disconnect.
5. Place a load on the inverter. For example, plug a 100 watt light bulb into an outlet that the inverter is powering. Press the INVERTER ENABLE button on the Freedom SW. The INVERTER ENABLED LED illuminates. The inverter should run the load using battery power.
6. To test the charger, reconnect the AC input power to allow AC to the AC input. The AC/Charger On LED should start flashing after a brief delay. Any AC loads previously powered by the inverter will also work at this time. NOTE:
On dual input models, only AC Input L1 needs to be powered for the unit to operate.
7. Remove the AC input power. The inverter/charger should transfer to invert mode immediately. (The transfer relay will make a clicking sound and the INVERTER ENABLED LED will illuminate.) Loads should continue to operate uninterrupted.If any part of this test fails, determine the cause before using the unit.
8. Monitor the Freedom SW Front Panel.The indicator lights on the front panel show you the operating status of the Freedom SW.