UPC: 676205080019Fan Rotation
6-Series and AT-Series alternators feature dual internal cooling fans, and are designed to provide maximum cooling protection when rotated in a clockwise rotation (looking at the front of the alternator when mounted on engine). Using 6-Series or AT-Series alternators in reverse (counter-clockwise) rotation applications may affect alternator cooling and performance. Large case 94, 95, 97, 97EHD and 98-Series alternators feature bi-directional fans, which are equally effective in normal or reverse rotation applications.98-Series Alternators
Balmar's 98-Series Alternators are designed to provide outputs of 310 amps at 12 volts, or 220 amps at 24 volts. Mounting is a 4" ID J-180 saddle mount. Alternators in the 98-Series feature isolated ground terminals and a brushless rotor/ stator design that reduces alternator noise, and eliminates key wear points.
1. Positive Output Terminal - Must be connected, via properly-sized cable to the battery or batteries being charged. Cable size is determined by alternator output and length of cable run. See Page 3 for wiring size chart. Either terminal shown may be used.
2. Negative Output Post (Ground) - Must be connected to system ground via properly sized cable. Cable size is determined by alternator output and length of cable run. See Page 3 for wiring size chart.
3. Stator Output - Unrectified AC voltage can be used as a signal for an electric tachometer. In 12-volt systems, stator terminal will connect to WHITE wire. In 24-volt systems, the Stator Wire will connect to the ORANGE wire in the regulator wiring harness. Any terminal can be used.
98-Series are a 14 pole stator output design.
4. External Field Terminal - Connects to external voltage regulator via wiring harness.
5. Diode Trio (D+) Output - Provides a signal that may be required in some systems to drive a charge indicator lamp.
An unsupported cable may damage the positive or negative terminals, resulting in damage to alternator, regulator and wiring. Ensure that cables are adequately supported to supply strain relief.