Your Max Charge MC-612-DUAL-H regulator kit is packaged with the following items:
- Max Charge MC-612-DUAL regulator
- (2) 54" wiring harnesses w/ 10A-fused 12 Ga. RED power wires
- Fused (1A) battery sense wire pigtail
- Magnetic programming tool
- Installation and operation manual
If any of the listed items is not included with your regulator kit, call our customer service department at 360-435-6100. Please note -- if your regulator box is marked Max Charge MC-612, without the "H" designation, your kit will not include the wiring harnesses or fused battery sense pigtail. Regulator Operation
The MC-612-DUAL regulator's microprocessor controlled charging system uses a sophisticated, multi-stage profile to deliver maximum charging output, while protecting the batteries from overcharging damage. When the regulator is first turned on, the processor performs a quick one-second self diagnostic assessment. Following that diagnostic, the MC- 612-DUAL initiates a charge program as follows:
1. Start Delay - Factory set at one second. Can be user-adjusted to a maximum of 200 seconds in the regulator's advanced programming mode. See Advanced Programming section for adjustment instructions.
2. Soft Ramp - Gently increases voltage to bulk preset levels based on battery program selected.
3. Bulk Charge - The most aggressive of the charging stages. Voltage is held at a pre-set level, specified by battery program selected, for a set time period. Factory-set bulk time is 30 minutes. Adjustable in 6-minute increments.
4. Calculated Bulk Charge - Holds voltage at bulk level for six minutes, then calculates battery condition by comparing existing voltage, time at voltage, and field percentage to target values. If values are met, the regulator advances to the next stage. If values are not met, the regulator extends the bulk charge time by an additional six minutes and compares real-time to target values. This will re-occur until all values are met.
5. Ramps down to Absorption voltage.
6. Absorption Charge - Regulator continues to control the alternator's output voltage for an additional 30 minutes at approximately 2/10's of a volt below bulk charging voltage. Adjustable in 6-minute increments.
7. Calculated Absorption Charge - Holds voltage at absorption level for six minutes, then calculates battery condition bycomparing existing voltage, time at voltage, and field percentage to target values. If values are met, the regulator advances to the next stage. If values are not met, the regulator extends the absorption charge time by an additional six minutes and compares real-time to target values. This will re-occur until all values are met.
8. Ramp down to Float.
9. Float Charge - Regulator continues to control the alternator's output voltage for an additional 30 minutes, typically at a volt less than bulk voltage (based on battery program presets). Regulator will hold voltage to float level for two hours (time duration is user-adjustable). After that initial fixed time period, the regulator can respond to increased charging demand by cycling to absorption voltage. After six hours of continuous operation, the regulator will automatically revert to absorption voltage through calculated absorption and back to float charging stage.