Feel free to roll around on the floor laughing if you choose. I solved the problem of the lower than expected charge current as follows:
I buffed and thoroughly cleaned with alcohol the tabs of the fuse links, studs on the BMS and cable lugs. After that I got the charging current I had been expecting with both 100A and 125A fuse links.
I had changed fuse links (new units) several times, updating the fuse capacity within settings of the Bluetooth app. I had tightened the connections. They definitely were not loose. And every time the current was less than expected.
So, the knowledge I would like to pass onto others is that the cleanliness and integrity of the connections to the fuse link for this type of BMS, that uses the fuse link as a current sensing shunt, are paramount. Even a few millivolts dropped at either connection will make the BMS current limit prematurely.