Solar street lights, security cameras
Got questions? We've got answers.
This section covers Solar powered systems where there is no Grid attachment. The power for these devices is all Solar as its difficult or too expensive to bring the grid to it.
Solar Street lights. These street light are programed through the Solar Controller to come on at Dusk and go off at Dawn while re charging the battery during the day
In this blog post we look into the settings for the Solar Charge Controller to manage the desired functions
This containerized system is high up on a mountain where there is no grid and also its difficult to get there, so running a generator is not practical due to the fuel requirements.
- Other Solar Power systems are being used for many applications
- USGA is working on a pilot program to power the 1400 water level sites across the country
- Other systems are collecting climate data
- A solar power station for eBikes
- Water desalination Plants
- Heat Pumps
- Another popular use of Solar is for security cameras.
Not only does Victron provide Solar Charge Controllers there are also ways to monitor and collect data. The Solar Controllers have Bluetooth which can be managed by the Victron Connect app. If you want more ways you can add a Cerbo or other GX device and with internet connection you can monitor worldwide on the VRM.
If you have a project that requires Solar powered devices, let us know and we can work with you to achieve your needs.